Thursday, September 17, 2009

Explorations in Human Design: Splenic Authority

One of the concepts of Human Design that most 'floats my boat' is the idea that we have been sheepled into believing that The Brain should be the ultimate authority for all of us. HD says we have nine centers, similar to the 7 centers of the chakra system. Our individual authority, the physical center and strategy for decision-making, corresponds with one of those centers.

My own authority is what is known as Splenic--instinctual, survivalist, intuitive, spontaneous, in the moment. Explains I guess why I can go out on a stage and do improv but have a hard time remembering lines. Explains why, when I learn a new dance step or movement, I learn best by just doing it, following the instructor or the music without thinking too much about it. When someone comes and breaks down the movements in a logical, step by step fashion, I get nervous and mess up.

It has taken me years to really trust my intuition, but these days it generally comes through loud and clear.

I'd like to see a Human Design class that offered practical ways to learn to 'befriend' our own particular center of Authority.

My Splenic authority has been, so far, loving the dance with Human Design---even though I maintain a questioning and skeptical nature to all of these systems which I think is healthy for anyone. A detachment. You choose a certain street to walk down because you enjoy the view it gives you on the way to where you are going, but the street itself is not where you are going. You like looking through a particular lens at the world around you, whether it be Human Design, or Astrology, or Quantum Physics. But the lens you are looking through is not the world you are living ,it is simply a way to envision and explain that world.

The finger pointing at the moon, as they say, is not the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment